Friday, March 26, 2010

Temperance

Introduction

I'm very behind in my writing. I've been pulling the cards everyday, but sometimes life gets in the way. I'm going to try to be more vigilant.  This card is for Monday, March 22, 2010.  I'd also like to note that this card was one of those that "flew" out of the deck while shuffling.


My Intuitive Interpretation

Temperance is just what you might think it is...doing things in moderation.  Keeping things in balance.


What Dictionary of Tarot Says
  • Douglas:  Literally temperance - the mixing of opposite ingredients in proper proportion.  Implication is that this mixing is internal, rather than with external forces.
  • Gray:  Working together
  • Grimaud:  Reflection, decision which is not immediate, consideration of arguments pro and con.
  • Huson:  Short-term stalemate followed by resolution

Psychic Revelation
Temperance


My Interpretation for Today

Monday was not a day of temperance for me.  It was a day of very high drama, lots of frustration and many tears.  I drew the card early in the day and had I heeded its advice, the day might have gone a little better, but such are the way things are.  Sometimes we know what we should do, but our emotions take over and we act in a way that is inappropriate or just not good for us at all.  And even in the midst of my drama, I kept thinking about Temperance, but to no avail.  This is how Monday was for me and it's affected the rest of my week (so far) in some way.  What is most amazing to me is that these cards show up when they should...when they are meaningful.  That's how they work.  I don't know why -- I just know that they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment