Tuesday, March 9, 2010

3 of Cups

My Intuitive Interpretation

The 3 of Cups, for me, is always a card of celebration. It is sometimes referred to as the card of "Engagement". Can also mean fertility, though in my case, I doubt it means in the physical sense. It is, in general, a card of abundance, of plenty, of good things to come.


What Dictionary of Tarot Says
  • Case:  Pleasure, liberality, fulfillment, happy issue
  • Crowley:  Abundance, Fulfillment of the Will of Love in abounding joy, The spiritual basis of fertility
  • Douglas: Abundance, maternity, comfort, healing, unbridled passion, self-indulgence, sex without love
  • Papus:  Realization of the commencement of love. The love is mutual
  • Waite: Conclusion of a matter in plenty, happy issue, etc. Excess of physical enjoyment and sensuality. Consolation, cure
  • Suggested:  Child of intuition. That which is created (as opposed to the act of creation) or that which is felt strongly without rational support.

Psychic Revelation
3 of Cups


My Interpretation for Today

Hmmm...better safe than sorry.  I'm a bit afraid of that fertility thing.  LOL  Seriously though, I need something to celebrate these days.  Probably I need something new...in quite a few areas of my life.  New job, new love.  Maybe it's time to find a new hobby, too...something to bring me joy.  I do find that I'm highly emotional these days...an aspect of the cups, for sure.  Let's see what the next few days will bring.

  
The image above is not from a deck (that I know of), but I liked it as a representation of the Three of Cups.  I hope the artist does not mind my using it.  It can be found and ordered at this site:
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/three-of-cups-erika-brown.html

No comments:

Post a Comment