Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Moon

My Intuitive Interpretation

The Moon is just what you might think.  Lunatic comes from Luna (the Moon) and it means "affected by the moon".  It's about being a confused with all the things that are going on.  Maybe you don't have control over everything going on.  It's about not being decisive because all the choices seem either good or bad.  For me, the Moon is an emotional card.  It's not necessarily about facts, but how you feel about things.  This is how I'm feeling today.  Imagine that.


What Dictionary of Tarot Says
  • Crowley:  Illusion, deception, bewiderment, hysteria, even madness, dreaminess, falsehood, error, crisis, the brink of important change.
  • Douglas:  Intuition, particularly necessary to save one from crisis.
  • Thierens:  Feelings, sentiments, uncertaintly, dreams, exhibitions
  • Suggested:  Feeling and intuitionregret or longing, the card of that which is yet to be born, the intagible and the unreal (in the sense of being non-physical)

Psychic Revelation
The Moon


My Interpretation for Today

It has been a particularly emotional week for me, even if I haven't had much time to deal with them.  I've had confusion over employment offers, dealings with men, worries over money.  And I've been missing my Dad and my Grandmother.  Maybe this card is showing up for me today because I need to take a break from all of it.  Most of these things are out of my control anyway (and I really hate not having control) and it might just be better to take a few days for me to regroup and not think about these things.  Sometimes I feel overwhelmed and all I really want to do is hide, sleep, drop out for a little bit.  Could this be the influence of the Moon?  Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment