Thursday, March 4, 2010

Death


My Intuitive Interpretation

Today the Death card came up. I did not draw this card...it simply flew out of the deck while I was shuffling. It is important to note that, unlike the previous two days where I simply shuffled the deck without really thinking of anything specific, today I had a specific question in mind.

I know that television and movies view this as very ominious when it comes up in their fictional readings, but this is not the case. First of all, it never predicts death for the person asking the question. Never. We are all, at some point, going to die, so this would be pointless. What Death does predict is a very radical change.

That this card came up today is very indicative of a major change that I know must take place. I've known for quite some time that this change needed to take place and I am resisting it, although I know that this, too would be pointless. This was particularly evident to me when it dropped out of the deck onto the floor while shuffling. I knew immediately that this was supposed to be my card for Today.

What Dictionary of Tarot Says
  • Case: Fertility, productiveness, motion, change, transformation, modification, imaginative intelligence
  • Christian: Creation, destruction, renewal
  • Crowley: Death, transformation, change (volutary or involuntary), logical development of existing conditions
  • Douglas: Major change, perhaps even by chance; clean sweep for further growth
  • Gray: Destruction followed by rebirth, disaster, violent change
  • Huson: Profound change in the psyche
  • Lind: Ridding oneself of fleshly desires
  • Waite: Change, mortality, loss of a benefactor for a man, many hardships for a woman, divorce, inertia, sleep, lethargy, petrification, somnambulism, hope destroyed
Psychic Revelation


My Interpretation for Today
Those of you close to me know about the major change I must make. Rest assured the decision is made and the die is already cast. While I cannot cut this person out of my life totally, there will be a radical change -- a transformation, if you will. I believe this will be a good change for both of us, even if we will miss what we will lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment