Sunday, March 7, 2010

6 of Swords


My Intuitive Interpretation

The 6 of Swords, for me, always points to taking a journey of some sort, either an actual trip or a journey which will take your life in a different direction. This card comes up quite often for me, as I experience the wanderlust very badly and always have. Of course, I don't get to indulge my wanderlust very often, but in situations when I cannot, I begin to do things likes look at maps and fantasize about trips I would like to take, people I need to see. Just this past week, I had a major "meltdown" where I wanted to pack up my life and go somewhere else. Don't we all fantasize about that sometimes? Most often, though, this card comes up when I know a change of direction is needed and I am avoiding it. It's not that I don't like change; it's just that I have trouble getting started. So I guess this card is telling me that it's time... You may wonder what kind of change this is telling me about. Well, swords always deal with matters of conflict, logic, mental activities. This could cover a couple of areas in my life right now. I'm tending to think I'm still in a "work" period, as opposed to my personal life, since I am especially focused on that the last few days.


What Dictionary of Tarot Says
  • Case: Success after anxiety, passage from difficulties, a journey by water
  • Douglas: Solution to immediate problems or moving away from immediate danger, disappearance of a major hindrance to travel
  • Gray: A journey, in flesh or spirit
  • Thierens: Health, travel (especially by water), sensuality and expressions of it
  • Waite: Declaration, confession, publicity, proposal of love. Pleasant voyage.
  • Suggested: The measure of intellect, texts, trials, perhaps lawsuits, perhaps simply evaluation.
Psychic Revelation
My Interpretation for Today
It seems the tide is going to turn for me, somehow. I'm hoping this is in the work-related area. I will be speaking to a trusted friend today, to get his advice and input. Work has been a very difficult area for me in the past several months especially. I am so afraid of going backwards -- of having to take a job that is underutilizing my skills. With the new idea I have been formulating this week, I believe I can get back to where I was, before all this mess started. I'll need help, but at least I know where to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment