Wednesday, March 10, 2010

2 of Swords

My Intuitive Interpretation

Ah, the 2 of Swords...For me, this card represents being blind to the obvious...of not being able to see that there are choices and not all of them are good for you. The moon suggests that there are elements of lunacy when pondering choices. The crossed arms suggest that you are obstinate about your final decision. Twos, in general, point toward the need or desire for balance. This is very interesting for me at this time. Of course I know what I should choose. I also know I am not ready for that choice. Yes, I can be very obstinate.


What Dictionary of Tarot Says

  • Case: Balanced force, indecision, friendship
  • Crowley: Peace
  • Douglas: Equilibrium, interplay of opposing forces, strife and dissent uniting to produce truth and beauty
  • Golden Dawn: Quarrel made up and arranged, peace restored yet with some tension remaining
  • Grimaud: Harmony, victory without conflict or battle, passive success
  • Kaplan: Stalemate, balance, harmony and firmness
  • Mathers: Friendship, valour
  • Waite: Conformity, courage, concord, tenderness, affection, intimacy, falsehood, duplicity, disloyalty
  • Suggested: The faculty of analysis, the creative power of thought

Psychic Revelation
2 of Swords


My Interpretation for Today

As usual, the Tarot knows what is going on in my head. The balance I desire in this situation can very well happen, but I can be blind to the fact that I am not the only one controlling the situation (and maybe I'm not controlling it at all). Perhaps the decision I made last week was the best choice, even if I am resisting it...and I AM resisting it. This card is telling me to look at all sides, take off the blindfold, put things in balance. It's not easy...


Again, I chose an image not from a traditional deck, but a representation of the 2 of Swords that I particularly like.  I hope the artist does not mind my using it. It can be found and ordered at this site:
http://00chalcedony00.deviantart.com/art/Two-of-Swords-Arabian-Nights-139263298

No comments:

Post a Comment