Saturday, March 6, 2010

2 of Wands


My Intuitive Interpretation

The 2 of Wands (may also be known as Rods), for me, speaks to learning from your past, holding your world and your passions firmly in the present, while looking toward your future. This card is not meant to show your near future, but it does suggest that all things are in the works for a bright and happy one, though not necessarily right this minute. I believe I got this card today because I experienced a renewed passion and Wands are all about passionate pursuits. Now firmly encounsed in my new project, I remembered how much I love the work that I do. It provides me with enough creativity to keep me excited, enough learning to keep me interested, and enough challenge to keep me from becoming bored. Over the past several months, I had forgotten this. As I formulate a plan for gainful employment, I must remember where my passion really lies.

What Dictionary of Tarot Says
  • Case: Dominion
  • Golden Dawn: Influence over another
  • Grimaud: Occult knowledge
  • Kahn: Waiting, a dry spell, patience required, firm position from which to contemplate the world.
  • Mathers: Riches, fortune, opulence
  • Waite: Riches, mangificence, physical suffering, surprise, enchament, emotion, trivial disappontments
  • Suggested: The creative power of earth or emotions
  • Psychic Revelation: Balance, even in the mundane
  
Psychic Revelation
My Interpretation for Today
I guess I interpret this very differently than the various schools above (and as the interpreter, I am free to do this to a degree, based on what I intuit). I included the Psychic Revelation's view because I had forgotten that Twos are often about balance and things are very much out of balance for me right now. It spoke specifically about eating and sleeping, two areas where I am severely out of balance. While my vision is similar in some regards, particularly Kahn's -- a firm position to contemplate the world -- and perhaps to Waite's, referring to both good and bad aspects, I still see this card as positive. I can't quite get to the future yet (there are still some obstacles - there's that wall), but they seem minor now in relation to the way they were. I'm holding in my hand the knowledge (world); I have the passion (the wand in my hand); I can still see my past, but I'm not holding on to it (the wand behind me); and I'm looking forward to a future, still far out on the horizon. Perhaps I'm not ready for more than that just now.

No comments:

Post a Comment