Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Tower

Introduction

This is for Wednesday, March 31, 2010.  Still catching up...


My Intuitive Interpretation

The Tower is, for me, not so much a card about total destruction (which it is), but for what comes afterwards:  the rebuilding.  Totally tear down whatever methods you have been using (which aren't working  anyway) and start anew. 


What Dictionary of Tarot Says
  • Case:  The power of utterance (this traditionally refers to the Tower of Babel).
  • Christian:  Ruin, punishment of pride, the downfall of the spirit that attempt to discover the mystery of God, reversals of fortune.
  • Crowley:  Total destruction, but to obtain "perfection".
  • Gray:  Divine will attempting to break down man's stubbornness, change, catastrophe, freedom gained at great cost
  • Huson:  That which is dead renewed by fire
  • Mayananda:  A transitional condition, always unpleasant.  Preparation through destruction for a new birth.
  • Waite:  Ruin when evil has prevailed, intellectual destruction, misery, distress.

Psychic Revelation
The Tower


My Interpretation for Today

I'm thinking that this card is the successor of yesterday's 5 of Cups (which I just finished, so it's fresh in my mind). I know that each day is influenced by previous days and perhaps this card is trying to tell me that I need to do things completely different than I have in the past.  I need to break down my walls, destroy my previous methods, and look at things in a new way....maybe branch out a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment