Friday, April 2, 2010

The Hermit

Introduction

This card is for Monday, March 29, 2010.  Still catching up...


My Intuitive Interpretation


The Hermit, for me, isn't so much about being physically alone, but about going deep into your own mind and intuition for answers, rather than relying on external sources, such as friends or even tarot cards.  Sometimes it is advisable to be alone physically, so that you can really focus on what needs to be attended to.


What Dictionary of Tarot Says

  • Douglas:  The start of the journey towards spiritual perfection.  A councilor, retreat from the world, a need for caution, patience, discretion and silence.
  • Kahn:  Perspective, circumspection, preparation, solitude, correct choice, awareness 
  • Waite:  Card of attainment, prudence
  • Suggested:  Loneliness, pilgrimage, a teacher, inner wisdom, meditation

Psychic Revelation
The Hermit


My Interpretation for Today

Unlike much of my time lately, I did not spend a great deal of time alone on this day.  I did, however, spend some time reflecting on some of the craziness of my life lately.  I am in need of calm.  I haven't had much of this lately and it's obviously something I miss.   While the last few months, in particular, have been exciting and chaotic, it is not a way to be for me and I am trying to figure out how to achieve my goals and still have a calmness about my life.  The Hermit reminds me that I am my own best friend, the person I trust the most, even if it doesn't always seem so to me.  I know what I need to do...what is best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment