Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Devil

Introduction

This card is for Sunday, April 11, 2010.  Still catching up.  This card was a "leaper", meaning it leaped out of the deck while shuffling.


My Intuitive Interpretation

The Devil, for me, is about bondage to things that probably aren't good for you, and probably you know this, but don't want to acknowledge it. It's like being in a love affair that's completely wrong for you, but hot just the same.  It's like being in a job that you hate, but one that pays you more money than you know you could make doing what you love.  The thing to remember about the Devil is that there's always a way to get away from the chains, providing you want to.


What Dictionary of Tarot Says
  • Crowley:  Blind impulse, irresistibly strong and unscrupulous, ambition, temptation, obsession, secret plan, obstinacy, rigidity
  • Gray:  Illness, improper use of force, bondage to material things, discontent, sensation without understanding
  • Kaplan:  Death, misery, disaster, bondage, violence of all forms
  • Lind:  Pan, instinctive behavior or folly
  • Waite:  Ravage, violence, vehemence, extraordinary efforts, force, fatality, that which is predestined but is not for this evil, weakness, pettiness, blindness
  • Suggested:  An evil force; brace yourself.  Internal force which cannot be ignored, learn to deal with it or be destroyed by it.  Probably less a card of evil than of fear.

Psychic Revelation
The Devil


My Interpretation for Today

My last few days have not been particularly good.  Things have been bothering me.  I believe the appearance of this card tells me that I have got to let go...become unchained to the feelings I have.  Maybe things cannot be proven now, but all of this will be seen as true or untrue in the near future.  What I cannot do is let this get to me to the point that I can't function outside of these feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment