Saturday, April 3, 2010

5 of Cups

Introduction

This is for Tuesday, March 30, 2010.  Still catching up...
It should be noted that I pulled two cards:  8 of Cups and 7 of Swords, both recently drawn.


My Intuitive Interpretation

For me, the 5 of Cups is about mourning a lost opportunity or situation.  But if you look at the picture on the card, not all of the cups are spilled, so no matter what you're missing, there is still something to be thankful for:  perhaps the lesson learned or the opportunity for something new and better for you to come into your life.


What Dictionary of Tarot Says
  • Case:  Loss in pleasure, partial loss, vain regret
  • Golden Dawn:  Disappointment in love, unkindness from friends (deserved or not), loss of friendship
  • Grimaud:  Lack of harmony, indefinite plan which comes to nothing.
  • Kahn:  A soulmate; short but lingering love affair; letting go of a person, lifestyle or job
  • Waite:  Card of loss but with something remaining
  • Suggested:  The element of uncertainty in intuition.  Do you see what you think you see?  Limitation but with an element of hope.

Psychic Revelation
5 of Cups


My Interpretation for Today

While I don't remember feeling this way on this day in particular, this has been a familiar feeling in my life lately.  It seems no matter what I do, things don't turn out the way I want them, even if I'm sure they do turn out the way they're supposed to.  I do try to keep reminding myself that the lessons I learn are very valuable.  I also try to remember that I shouldn't give up, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment